1. Citi Bike: Citi Bank started a bike sharing program in NYC and the 6,000 new Citi bikes have traveled 5,550,424 miles so far!
2. DOMA: Gay marriage was legalized, meaning that teens who are now a part of a more accepting, gay-friendly country are less likely to experience depression and commit suicide. This will improve mental health.
3. Wendy Davis: Texas state Senator Wendy Davis delivered an 11 hour filibuster to stop a restrictive abortion bill which unfortunately was still passed. Still, she brought attention to the plight of the Texan woman and their struggle in accessing affordable healthcare.
4. Prancercise: A failed 80’s era workout inspired by horse movements became viral on YouTube.
5. Cronut Burger: An unhealthy croissant-doughnut hybrid caused 79 foodies in Toronto to contract food poisoning.
6. Plan B: FDA was able to approve access to the morning-after-pill for all ages.
7. Google Glass Surgery: Two surgeons used Google Glass as an educational tool for their students and residents.
8. Kale: People obsessed over this health food.
9. McDonald’s: This unhealthy chain began offering two vegetarian wraps to acknowledge the 5% of Americans who do not eat meat and to provide a “healthier” option.
Original Article, For More Information: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/04/summer-health-news_n_3844515.html